TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Use of Information. You acknowledge and agree that the information that you will receive from this website or to which you will be provided access, whether through this website (or any affiliated website) or directly, is intended solely for your entertainment purposes, and that the information may not be used except as specifically authorized by this website in writing. Specifically, you represent and warrant that:
a. you will not use the information that you will receive from this website (regardless of whether you receive such information directly, from this website or from any affiliated website) to make any investment or other financial decisions, regardless of whether such decisions relating to investing in this website.
b. you will not reproduce, republish, rebroadcast, retransmit, recast or in any way distribute the information that you will receive from this website (regardless of whether you receive such information directly, from this website or from any affiliated website) anywhere, including without limitation on the Internet (e.g., on other websites, blogs, newsgroups, chat rooms, discussion forums, message boards and social media services such as Twitter, Facebook and MySpace), via instant or text messaging services (whether Internet- or phone-based), in podcasts, or in any other printed or electronic form, including without limitation radio and television;
c. you will not provide or otherwise convey the information that you will receive from this website (regardless of whether you receive such information directly, from this website or from any affiliated website) to any third parties; and
d. you will not attempt to reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile this website (or any affiliate website), nor will you create any derivative works based upon this website (or any affiliated website).
You also represent and warrant that you will not use information received from this website for any unlawful purpose, including without limitation any direct or indirect violation of any municipal, local, state, federal or international law. You acknowledge and agree that but for these various representations, this website would not provide you with access to information.
2. Ownership of Intellectual Property. You acknowledge and agree that this website is and shall remain the owner of all rights, title, and interest in and to this website and its content, including without limitation all designs, copyrightable material (regardless of whether such material is copyrightable under the United States Copyright Act, the Berne Union for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Property, the Universal Copyright Convention, and/or any of the laws of any other nation), patentable material (regardless of whether such material is patentable under the laws of the United States and/or any other nation), trademarks and trade dress, droit moral, and confidential and trade secret information (collectively, the “Intellectual Property Rights”), including without limitation all derivatives, improvements, modifications and enhancements thereto, and all Intellectual Property Rights associated therewith. You also acknowledge that all of the personalities (including their names and biographies) depicted on this website were created and are owned by this website.
3. Confidentiality. You acknowledge that all of the information you will receive from this website, whether through this website, is confidential and constitutes trade secrets (the “Trade Secrets”) as defined by the Illinois Trade Secrets Act, 765 ILCS § 1065 et seq. At all times during your use of this website, you shall maintain the confidentiality of the Trade Secrets, shall hold the Trade Secrets in strict confidence, and shall not disclose the Trade Secrets to any third party, nor use for any purpose other than as expressly permitted by this website. The obligation to maintain confidentiality shall continue for so long as this website treats the relevant information as being confidential and/or a trade secret.
4. Trademarks. You acknowledge that the various trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners, and nothing herein shall be deemed a license or other grant of rights to use such trademarks.
5. Reservation of Rights. Nothing herein shall in any way be deemed a sale or assignment of rights in, or transfer of ownership from this website to you, of any right, title and interest in and to the copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks and other rights associated with this website. All Intellectual Property Rights associated with this website shall remain this website’s exclusive property. To the extent that your access to the information on this website is deemed to give rise to an implied license, such license is expressly limited to your personal use of the information consistent with the various restrictions contained herein.
6. Additional Representations, Warranties and Acknowledgements. You represent and warrant that you are twenty-one (21) years of age or older. You also acknowledge that the names of the various authors and writers who create content for this website have been changed to protect their privacy.
7. LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES AND LIABILITY. EXCEPT AND TO THE EXTENT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT AND CANNOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULT YOU MAY OBTAIN USING THIS WEBSITE (OR ANY AFFILIATED WEBSITES) AND ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY RECEIVE FROM THIS WEBSITE (WHETHER DIRECTLY, FROM THIS WEBSITE OR FROM ANY AFFILIATED WEBSITE). YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE (OR ANY AFFILIATE WEBSITES) IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE (AND ANY AFFILIATED WEBSITES) AND ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, AND THIS WEBSITE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, MALFUNCTIONS, DEFECTS, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE (OR ANY AFFILIATED WEBSITES). THIS WEBSITE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTIAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR LOSS OF DATA, EVEN IF THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
8. Difficulty Ascertaining Damages. You acknowledge and agree that your breach of any of the restrictions relating to the information you may receive from this website (regardless of whether you receive such information directly, from this website or from any affiliated website) is likely to cause this website irreparable harm, and that the harm caused may not be readily ascertainable (particularly in circumstances where you have republished or disseminated information in violation of the restrictions contained herein). You further acknowledge and agree that if the harm caused by your breach of the restrictions contained herein is incapable of being ascertained with certainty, then in any court action relating to such breach, this website will be entitled to recover an award of damages of not less than $2,500.00 per instance of disclosure, publication or dissemination of information in violation of these terms and conditions.
9. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless this website, its officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and customers against any claim (including attorney’s fees and court costs) relating in any way to any claim relating to your use of the this website (or any affiliate website), including without limitation, any claim relating to your use of information obtained from this website.
10. General Provisions. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois (without regard to its principles regarding conflicts of laws). The sole and exclusive venue for any action relating to this Agreement or the parties hereto shall be in the state or federal courts in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. If any provision herein is found to be contrary to law or otherwise invalid, void or unenforceable, it shall be deemed omitted and shall not affect the remaining terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. These terms and conditions may not be altered or amended except by a written instrument signed by both parties (with any such amendments or changes to be effective only after signed by both parties).
You represent that you have read and understood these terms and conditions, and that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.